Busy Feet, Active Minds
Elachee Has a Nature Kindergarten-1st Grade Class
Parents choose this innovative program to prepare their young children for continued academic success. Elachee's Nature Kindergarten-1st Grade program gives children the chance to find their place in the real world, at their own pace. Our specially designed instructional approach is a standards- and nature-based method that engages students in experiential learning and creative discovery.
Children benefit from innovative instructional philosophies developed in Elachee's established Nature Preschool, engaging in readiness activities that contribute to their intellectual, social, as well as fine and gross motor development. A TYPICAL DAY / OUR CURRICULUM
Nature K-1 at a Glance
- Elachee's accredited nature-based K-1 program is affiliated with the only SACS/AdvancED-accredited nature center in the Southeastern U.S.
- We teach students using an environmental curriculum that correlates with the Georgia Performance Standards (GPS) and the available Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS).
- We offer classes Monday-Friday, August through May, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- We provide students with significant daily outdoor exploration.
- We have a small class size, led by a certified teacher.
- We follow the Hall County School's academic year calendar.
- We offer extended care before/after school hours to accommodate working parents’ schedules.
- We are a private Preschool and K-1 school, managed and operated by Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville, Ga.
Elachee Nature Academy began in 2013 to serve Pre-Kindergarten students. The school expanded in 2016 to offer a combined Kindergarten-1st Grade class. This innovative school is part of Elachee's quality environmental education programming, a source of delight and inspiration since 1979.
Our Indoor Classroom
Located on the Elachee Nature Science Center campus, the Elachee's Nature Kindergarten-1st Grade is in a self-contained, light-filled space designed to provide the best possible indoor environment for young children. Windows overlook the panoramic Chicopee Woods, bringing the outdoors into the classroom. The open concept invites children to engage in creative and cooperative learning or to find a private nook for quiet, independent play.
Our Outdoor Classrooms
- The dedicated Nature Playscape provides children a supervised opportunity to unleash their creativity and to dig, climb and roam as they build a connection to the natural world. Innovative features include an in-ground slide, boulder bordered sand pit, water pump log, building frame and log fort!
- Gardens That Teach are dedicated Children’s Garden planting areas that allow our preschool students to watch the fruits of their labor take root and flourish.
- Rain or shine, the highlight of each day at Elachee's Nature K-2 Class is guided exploration and play along the trails and in the streams of the 1,440-acre Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve and the grounds of the Elachee Nature Science Center campus.
See It to Believe It
Learn what other parents are saying about Elachee Nature Academy. PARENT BUZZ
For more information or to schedule a tour, call the Elachee Nature Academy Director of Schools at 770-535-1976 or SEND A MESSAGE.